Chew. Digest. Repeat.

Thanks for stoppin by. The point of the web (in my eyes), and therefore blogs, is the opportunity for community. Or maybe it's the evolution of community. Whatever. Its not about self-absorbed pontificating, but more about getting a diversity of thought out there for all of us to grow from. So that gives me the freedom to write what I think (at least for today) and not hafta give a crap if anyone agrees. Cuz it's not about agreement. It's about engaging with others, and the (hopefully) positive cumulative effect of all those millions of interactions. So interact. or don't. You're a free person.

Monday, July 17, 2006

Raise up a Father

Raise up a Father
(7/17/06)

Starin at the ceiling
Listen to her breathing
But I can’t find no rest

So start to thinking
‘Bout the chains still linking
Me back to those sins of the past

Those counterfeit fathers
Controlling the waters
That I thought I needed to heal

So I danced for the blessing
While they kept me guessing
If what they offered was real


Spent time as a soldier
But now I am older
And that aint the life meant for me

I believe in the Bride
But can’t live inside
Cuz it burns in my heart to be free

I read in the Bible
That His voice is quite able
To guide me and set me aflame

So I’m off to the wild
To play like a child
With the Father who knows my name

Call to me
Find me
Speak to me
Set me free
Destiny
Father me
Raise up a father
To raise up a son
To raise up the Joshua Generation

No comments: