Chew. Digest. Repeat.

Thanks for stoppin by. The point of the web (in my eyes), and therefore blogs, is the opportunity for community. Or maybe it's the evolution of community. Whatever. Its not about self-absorbed pontificating, but more about getting a diversity of thought out there for all of us to grow from. So that gives me the freedom to write what I think (at least for today) and not hafta give a crap if anyone agrees. Cuz it's not about agreement. It's about engaging with others, and the (hopefully) positive cumulative effect of all those millions of interactions. So interact. or don't. You're a free person.

Monday, July 10, 2006

Calling all Dream Interpreters...

Had a very distressing dream this morning between snoozes on the alarm clock.

I was on the beach with my kids (Em 8, Zach 6, Jake 4) and there were other kids there, too. I don't remember any other adults, but that didn't occur to me as odd in the dream.
We live on the coast, so going to the beach is nothing novel to us, but this beach was odd in that the surf splashed up to the beach, which was elevated about 4 feet above the water level- kind of a small sand bluff rather than a beach.

In the dream, it was low tide, and as the waves came in, they didn't even reach the sand bluff where I was sitting with my feet dangling and watching my kids play in the surf up to their calves. They were about 30 feet out. Then I noticed that the waves were beginning to roll all the way up to the bluff, and realized the tide must be coming back in. My two youngest are not proficient swimmers, yet, and my eldest is just barely, so I jumped down and hollered for them to come in.

As I did that, two large waves came in and suddenly I was up to my waist, even still close to the beach. I was struggling against the waves to get to my boys. I grabbed one (can't remember which), and could hear the panicked scream of the other as he flailed and dipped under the waves. I couldn't locate him, but I could hear him screaming out to me. Then the alarm went off and woke me up.

I know a little bit about dream interpretation, in that dreams are metaphorical, and should not be interpreted too literally. But i still feel a little freaked out, still hearing my boys' screams in my head.

Please feel free to post any thoughts you have on the dream. All submittals are appreciated...

No comments: