Chew. Digest. Repeat.

Thanks for stoppin by. The point of the web (in my eyes), and therefore blogs, is the opportunity for community. Or maybe it's the evolution of community. Whatever. Its not about self-absorbed pontificating, but more about getting a diversity of thought out there for all of us to grow from. So that gives me the freedom to write what I think (at least for today) and not hafta give a crap if anyone agrees. Cuz it's not about agreement. It's about engaging with others, and the (hopefully) positive cumulative effect of all those millions of interactions. So interact. or don't. You're a free person.

Monday, July 10, 2006

Almost Sober

Almost sober
(7/06)

Almost sober
Starting to feel again
And I feel older
Than when this all began

When she was with me
In both heart and hand
And when she’d kissed me
Knew I could take the land

Now those dreams all call down
Like crows up on the wire
But love still burns
Just like a funeral pyre
And I still hear your breath
As I lie alone in this bed
And all that’s left
Is your laughter in my head

Almost over
Starting to feel again
Don’t think I’ll ever
Find what I had back then

But who am I foolin?
Cuz I’m in love with love
May be my ruin
I can never have enough

My heart still feels you
Like a ghost behind the walls
Just outside my reach
A voice from down the hall
In my dreams I try to touch you
But you dissolve like smoke in rain
Wakin up crying
Wakin up mumbling your name

Think I’ll have another drink…

No comments: