Chew. Digest. Repeat.

Thanks for stoppin by. The point of the web (in my eyes), and therefore blogs, is the opportunity for community. Or maybe it's the evolution of community. Whatever. Its not about self-absorbed pontificating, but more about getting a diversity of thought out there for all of us to grow from. So that gives me the freedom to write what I think (at least for today) and not hafta give a crap if anyone agrees. Cuz it's not about agreement. It's about engaging with others, and the (hopefully) positive cumulative effect of all those millions of interactions. So interact. or don't. You're a free person.

Wednesday, July 12, 2006

Dream, Interpretted

First off, to all that emailed, thanks for your heart. It was great to read it all.

Here is the dream from the other nite interpretted:

Ocean- In dreams, water often symbolizes the Holy Spirit. This may seem off, since in the dream my kids were in danger, and God obviously wouldn't do that. But wait...

My Kids- In reality, I would have been panicked for all three of my kids, since my daughter is far from a competent swimmer. But I was only trying to rescue my sons. And I couldn't tell which son I had and which one was still lost... A bit of a headscratcher, until you look at what my sons would mean in metaphor. Progeny, heritage, destiny.

Odd Shelf-like beach- Again, in reality, I've never seen anything like this. And it would never hold the weight of a child, much less a grown man...
So to put it all together...

I am sitting (in an unsupportable place) comfortably, one-step detached from what the Spirit is doing in front of me. I'm looking out and seeing my future in an idyllic setting, splashing about in the very tame low-tide of the Spirit. But as the waves come suddenly (God's about to do something...), I freak out, cuz I lose sight (and control) of what I thought was my destiny. But then the Lord has me wake up before I see anything bad happens, but also (intentionally) to not give away the suprise of what He has in store. And I find that what God has to do to get me off of my unsupportable, slightly detached seat on the sidelines and into the water is let me believe that my future is in jeopardy.

He is a crafty One, He is...

No comments: