Chew. Digest. Repeat.

Thanks for stoppin by. The point of the web (in my eyes), and therefore blogs, is the opportunity for community. Or maybe it's the evolution of community. Whatever. Its not about self-absorbed pontificating, but more about getting a diversity of thought out there for all of us to grow from. So that gives me the freedom to write what I think (at least for today) and not hafta give a crap if anyone agrees. Cuz it's not about agreement. It's about engaging with others, and the (hopefully) positive cumulative effect of all those millions of interactions. So interact. or don't. You're a free person.

Tuesday, May 22, 2007

Songs In The Key of Free

Conscientious objector to the war in my mind

Been starin at the stars til my heart’s gone blind

Swung too wide, missed the turn, I was going too fast

Couldn’t navigate the curve when you brought up my past

Why do I fall hard for the feminine smile?

I think I'll just sit here and bleed for awhile

Had my eye on the ball musta lost it in the sun

Resolute like a coward with nowhere to run

Resolute like a coward with nowhere to run


I've been readin the clouds, ain't no good news at all

They all seem to know just 'fore I'm gonna fall

Daddy said that I'd never be much more than him

Been trying to outrun that old man since then

Guess I still haven't found just what I'm lookin for

When I'm grindin these gears with my foot on the floor

Been seeing you move from the corner of my eyes

But I can't hold the rays when the sun burns the skies

No I can't hold your gaze when the sun yearns for skies

You patiently waited thru all my felonies

And you always swing by when I'm down on my knees

You call me your friend tho I show you my worst

Say sit here a while and I'll quench your thirst

And I'll do you no harm, my young friend, you'll see

And I'll sing you my songs in the key of free

This will hurt you some, I will tell you no lie

But I'll be here to catch every tear that you cry

Yeah I'll be here to catch every tear from your eye

No comments: