Chew. Digest. Repeat.

Thanks for stoppin by. The point of the web (in my eyes), and therefore blogs, is the opportunity for community. Or maybe it's the evolution of community. Whatever. Its not about self-absorbed pontificating, but more about getting a diversity of thought out there for all of us to grow from. So that gives me the freedom to write what I think (at least for today) and not hafta give a crap if anyone agrees. Cuz it's not about agreement. It's about engaging with others, and the (hopefully) positive cumulative effect of all those millions of interactions. So interact. or don't. You're a free person.

Tuesday, May 15, 2007

Loaded Gun

My heart is beatin this rhythm
Keeps me walkin in time
Sometimes I like my prison (but I)
I hate walking this line

When my hands aren't able
To lift my skies so leaden gray
When my heart's not faithful
Can't lift my eyes to meet Your gaze

Cuz in my mouth's a loaded gun
But in my heart's the Risen Son
He's bringing me into the light
When I choose to trust instead of fight

He said "if you would just quit doubting me
I'd have the room to make you free
And if you'd quit bracing for the pain
I could open your hand and take the chain
Cuz I want to show this world in fear
how freedom comes when I draw near
But how can they know until they see
my smile reflected in the free

Cuz in your mouth's a loaded gun
let me aim it true my chosen son
And I'll use your words to shine my light
into heart's too tired to fight

No comments: