Chew. Digest. Repeat.

Thanks for stoppin by. The point of the web (in my eyes), and therefore blogs, is the opportunity for community. Or maybe it's the evolution of community. Whatever. Its not about self-absorbed pontificating, but more about getting a diversity of thought out there for all of us to grow from. So that gives me the freedom to write what I think (at least for today) and not hafta give a crap if anyone agrees. Cuz it's not about agreement. It's about engaging with others, and the (hopefully) positive cumulative effect of all those millions of interactions. So interact. or don't. You're a free person.

Tuesday, May 22, 2007

Grace

Drinkin Coke & vodka

Gotta keep the beast asleep

Else I'll sink into dark water

where i feel the devil creep

but i cannot let him get me

so i'm ballin up my fists

he says he wants to bet me

that i can't resist

Is this a melt-down?

Am I cavin' in?

No I don't wanna feel this

I need oblivion

But then Grace settles down beside me

rests her hand on my thigh

Says, "I know that you can do this

I can see it in your eye"

So I'm callin out the devil

tell him give me your best shot

he smiles and says i sound like my daddy

Right before he, too, was caught

Then he looks right at my children

With a smirk so dead and cruel

and he says he already has them

and he's always had me, too

But with Grace right here beside me

I can tell he's bluffin' tall

Cuz she reminds me who I am

and to what i have been called

So i tell him he's a liar

that my kids are strong and free

That may have worked on my daddy

But it won't work on me


So I let my words just ring there

And I pull my Grace real close

Feel her strength still linger

As i offer up a toast

"Here is to all new beginnings

And to the lies they leave behind"

And to my Grace credit the winnings

She's all the Good I need to find

"Here is to all new beginnings

And to the lies they leave behind"

And to my Grace credit the winnings

She's all the Good I need to find

No comments: